Best Golf Rangefinder Reviews 2017 - Buying Guide
Looking for the best golf rangefinder? Since you are here, I can assume your answer is "yes". The fact is, it is always difficult to choose a rangefinder that suits you best when there are so many options available in the market. Hey, don't worry. I am here to help. I have gathered together some great laser rangefinders so that you can choose the most suitable one for you. So, here is a list of the top 10 golf rangefinders that you can first look through:
|Rangefinders||Range (Max)||USGA Approved||Author Ratings|
| TEC TEC TEC VPRO500|
|540 yards||Yes||Check Now|
|Bushnell Pro X7||1760 Yards||No||Check Now|
|Bushnell Tour X||1,300 yards||Yes||Check Now|
|Nikon Coolshot 40||650 Yards||Yes||Check Now|
|Bushnell Tour V4||1,000 yards||Yes||Check Now|
|Halo XRT6 Rangefinder||600 yards||Yes||Check Now|
|Halo X Ray Z6X 600||600 yards||Yes||Check Now|
| Bushnell Tour Z6|
|1,300 yards||Yes||Check Now|
|Nikon 8397 ACULON AL11||550 Yards||Yes||Check Now|
|Leupold Gx-4Ia2 Rangefinder||800 Yards||Yes||Check Now|
Well, Let's Find The Best Golf Rangefinder For You
I have made a long list of golf rangefinders, and I could simply give you the list. However, that is not my purpose. My goal is to help you to choose the best one, as there are a lot of products on the market and it is difficult to filter them. One more thing I want to say: there is no one specific rangefinder that I can tell you will be the best! What may seem best to me might not seem best for another person. Hence, I have done a lot research to find what makes a rangefinder the best. Another thing, I have joined several rangefinder forums to see which rangefinders are the most popular. Here is a short description of the 5 best golf rangefinders:
Features and Specifications
- Accuracy: Accuracy is the first thing that you need to check whenever you are going to buy a rangefinder because this is the reason we use rangefinders. You won't be able to shoot the best shot if you don't have a rangefinder that provides great accuracy. On these terms, the TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder has passed the examination. It can measure up to 540 yards with an accuracy of 1 yard. This rangefinder has 6x magnification which brings everything 6 times closer! You can even continuously shoot the target, just by pressing the triggering button once, with its continuous scan mode. This rangefinder is at the top of my list when it comes to measuring golf flags, hazards, and wooded areas accurately with a great price.
- Pinsensor Technology: Pinsensor Technology is the latest technology that helps to get the measurement fast and accurately. You can learn about the technology here.
- Lightweight: The TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder is one of the lightest devices that I have used thus far. It is just 185g --just imagine how light the device is! Perhapsyou’re afraid of seeing its body, but it is very comfortable to use.
- Durable: You may be thinking that as this device is just 185g it must be made of low-quality materials. But no my friends, though it is very lightweight, the materials are very solid and stable. The surface of the body prevents dust, and it is free from oxygen reaction.
- Customer Satisfaction: : If you are not a beginner, you must have heard about the TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder. If you have any doubts, you can check the customer ratings from Amazon. There you will find over 150 happy customer's feedback. An important thing to realize, is that it has a 1 Year Warranty. If it is not over yet and if you are not satisfied for any reason after purchasing the rangefinder, TecTecTec will happily return you 100% cash back with their 100% money-back guarantee
The Bushnell Tour X Jolt Golf Laser Rangefinder is similar to the Bushnell Tour V4 Golf Rangefinder. This rangefinder is really amazing, as it is at the top of our list of best golf rangefinders. It can measure up to 1,300 yards with an accuracy of +/- 0.5 yards. The best part of this rangefinder is that you can change the slope whenever you need, and you can then return to the adjustment that is legal! That is thefeatureI like most about this rangefinder. Another interesting thing about this rangefinder is you can also interchange the display, such as slope adjustment. Dual Display Technology lets you toggle between the bright red display or the black display whenever you feel like one is better.
Features and Specifications
- Accuracy: The Bushnell Tour X Jolt Golf Laser Rangefinder offers very accurate measurements. It can measure up to 1300 yards and has an accuracy of +/- 0.5 yards. It uses 6x optics.
- Exchange Technology: Exchange Technology is a technology that lets you exchange the adjustment between slope version and legal version. You can change to the slope version and return to the normal version whenever you need it. That is amazing technology!
- Dual Display Technology: Technology: Similar to the Exchange Technolgy, Dual Display Technology allows you to interchange the display mode. You can turn the display to the bright red display or the crisp black display. Which you choose depends on the condition and lightning conditions.
- PinSeeker with JOLT Technology: This technology will help you to measure the distance fast and accurately. You will feel a short vibration after locking on to a target.
- 2nd Generation E.S.P: 2nd Generation E.S.P provides clear and brighter display so that you can read every measurement.
- Customer Satisfaction: Bushnell Tour X Jolt Golf Laser Rangefinder is another great device. It has over 100 customer's feedback on Amazon. It is quite familiar both in different forums and blogs. Bushnell offers 2 years of warranty.
Features and Specifications
- Accuracy: The Bushnell Pro X7 Golf Laser Rangefinder is a great device to measure distance accurately. It can measure up to 1 mile with 1/2 yard accuracy.
- Pin Seeker with Jolt Technology: You can measure the distances quicker and with better accuracy, with the Pin Seeker Technology.You will get a little bit vibration right after the target is locked up.
- E.S.P 2: E.S.P.2 gives you faster yardage more accurately. The main function of this feature is to measure the distances faster but accurately.
- Size and Dimension: Dimensions: 5.5 x 4.25 x 2-Inches and Weight: 12 oz;
- Vivid Display Technology: If you are not a beginner, I mean if you have any experience with playing golf, you may notice that it's hard to read the measurement data in bright days. Sometimes it causes big issues, especially in the tournaments. To deal with this problem, Bushnell brings the Vivid Display Technology. It helps to get the reading even in the brightest days.
- E.S.P.2: E.S.P.2 gives you faster and more accurate yardage. The main function of this feature is to measure the distances faster, while still being accurate.
- Size and Dimension: Dimensions: 5.5 x 4.25 x 2-Inches Weight: 12 oz
- Customer Satisfaction: As usual, we have done a lot of research in order to determine the feedback of the real customers, and the result was impressive. You can check the customers’ ratings about the customer's rating about the Bushnell Pro X7 Golf Laser Rangefinder to get an idea for yourself.
Features and Specifications
- Accuracy: The Bushnell Tour V4 Rangefinder is more accurate and faster than the Bushnell Tour V3. You should purchase the rangefinder if you are looking for high accuracy. It can measure 5 to 1000 yards. It uses a 5x optical lens so that everything looks five times closer. You can focus even more quickly to the target with its Fast Focus system.
- Pin Seeker with Jolt Technology: Pin Seeker Technology is a modern technology that helps to shot towards the target quickly and accurately. The Jolt Technology occurs a vibration when the target gets locked.
- Water Resistant: Bushnell Tour V4 is water resistant. But to be honest, I will suggest you not to use it during heavy rain or foggy days. It is just cable of preventing a small amount of water.
- Water Resistant: Bushnell Tour V4 is water resistant. But to be honest, I will suggest you not to use it during heavy rain or foggy days. It is just capable of preventing a small amount of water.
- Customer Satisfaction:Customer satisfaction is the main thing that reflects the quality of any device. We have checked many forums and blogs so we could find out the feedback of the real customers, and you will be happy to know that their feedback is awesome. They have all had very good experiences with the rangefinder. You can check the customer feedback on Amazon. It also has a warranty of 2 years.
Features and Specifications
- Accuracy: Accuracy is the main reason I have chosen the Nikon COOLSHOT 40 Golf Laser Rangefinder as my favorite. It can measure up to 650 and has an accuracy of +/- 2 ¼ feet. It uses integral 6-power monocular Nikon optics. So, no worries about the optical strength!
- Hyper Read Technology: Hyper Read Technology is the very latest technology. It ensures you with quick and perfect accuracy. This technology works much better than the Pin Seeker Technology.
- 8-Second Continuous Measurement: By pressing and releasing the POWER button you can have an 8-second continuous measurement. You can quickly scan and measure multiple targets.
- First Target Priority Technology: A lot of visual objects can be beside the flag in the course. So, it may be annoying for the rangefinder to target a particular flag. This is why the First Target Priority Technology is being used in the Nikon COOLSHOT 40 Golf Laser Rangefinder. It helps the rangefinder to focus on the flag even if there are a lot of things beside the flag.
- Rainproof: The Nikon COOLSHOT 40 Golf Laser Rangefinder is rainproof.
- Customer Satisfaction: It seems customers are happy with the Nikon COOLSHOT 40 Golf Laser Rangefinder. Though they have some negative feedback about the previous version of this rangefinder (the Nikon COOLSHOT 20 Golf Laser Rangefinder), they seem happier using the Nikon COOLSHOT 40 Golf Laser Rangefinder.
What is a golf rangefinder?Before I answer that, let's first talk about what a rangefinder is. A Rangefinder is a device used to measure the distance from an observer to a target. It's simple, isn't it? People use rangefinders to measure distances. It has also been used in war by soldiers, to determine the position of their enemy.Learn How To Use A Rangefinder While You Are FishingYou can even survive in the forests like Bear Grylls by using this device. So, now we all understand what a rangefinder is. OK. So then what is a golf rangefinder? It is a rangefinder that has been used to obtain a yardage in the golf course. Simple.You now know what a golf rangefinder is! There are different types of rangefinders you can find in the market, but you can only find 3 types of Golf Rangefinders
- Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Golf GPS Watches
- Golf GPS Handheld
Which Golf Rangefinder is best for you?
No one can answer this question in one word without having practical experience. However, nowadays, there are a lot of answers to this question that can be found on forums, blogs, social media sites, etc. Some say that a Golf GPS Watch is the best, while some say no, the Golf GPS Handheld is the best. Other people say no, the Golf Laser Rangefinder is the best among all three golf rangefinders. So, getting the best and more accurate answer is practically impossible. Let me tell you the advantages and disadvantages of the three golf rangefinders: